Hello, I am James DeVries,
I am a photographer/photo editor, originally from Indiana moved to the Chicagoland area to study Graphic Design and Photography at Trinity Christian College.
Primarily I shoot event, portrait, product photography.As a photographer, my craft is story telling through the lens of my camera. There are so many stories to be told from editorial, ad campaigns to portraits.
I want to make your story a reality.
Let's get started.
+1 (219) 869-3185
Photo Editor | Lauren & Chris Studios, Orland Park, IL
July 2017- Present
• Cull and edit large batches of images in photoshop and lightroom cropping and resizing images, correct exposure contrast, color, tone correction; all while meeting tight deadlines and following styles and photo brand guidelines while meeting tight deadlines
• Load and archive edited files online for customers to view their own personal gallery to purchase from online
Photographer | Photo Assistant
June 2016- Present
• Freelance Photo Assistant for Chicago based Photographer Kachi Mozie,
Responsibilities are as follow: assist with set up and take down of studio lights, stand equipment, prepare lenses and various tasks
• Freelance photographer: I shoot primarily event, portrait, lifestyle and product
Photography Intern | Marketing and Communications Department | Trinity Christian College
April 2015 - April 2016
• Corresponded with clients for scheduling dates/times for photography shoots
• Photographed portraits and campus events: concerts, sports and student activities
(For publication in the school’s magazine and website.)
• Archived and edited photos: color corrected and resized photos for web/print
Graphic Design / Marketing Intern | Artworks Gallery, Big Rapids, MI
June - July 2015
• Developed marketing and branding plan for the community art camp
• Designed advertisements for events and brochures for programs
• Photographed cultural events and visiting artists for social media
Semester Consulting Project | Bootsma Cafe and Bookstore, Palos Heights
September 2014 - December 2014
• Actively collected data customers product purchases for marketing research
• Designed mock-ups of menus and advertisements for rebranding the Bootsma Bookstore and Cafe
Trinity Christian College, Palos Heights | Graduated April 30, 2016
Bachelor of Arts in Graphic design, Minor in Art History
Canon & Nikon DSLR camera systems; studio lighting equipment (strobe & flash); Event, Portrait, Product: Photography.
Adobe Creative Cloud: Photoshop, Bridge, Lightroom, InDesign, Illustrator, Gif, Stop-Motion, iMovie, Photo Mechanic, Microsoft Word, PowerPoint: Google Drive, Outlook